The real reasons I do what I do
I love what I do. I look forward to waking up every day and knowing that I get to capture beautiful memories for my clients and then create one of a kind art from our session. Below are just some of the many reasons I wouldn’t change their job for anything in the world.
- Photography changes how you see things. When you’re a photographer, You notice the flecks of gold in someone’s eyes and the way that light falls against someone’s hair. It makes the world so much more vivid and alive.
- Everything around you has beauty. Even the most mundane object can be beautiful when you photograph it in a creative way. I love when I can take something like a set of earrings and turn it into something everyone will want to purchase. This also extends to scenery. There is nothing more beautiful to me than a little girl dancing in the setting sun in front of a field.
- It’s an amazingly creative outlet. Every single image I’ve ever taken was uniquely me. Photography allows me to create just like a painter or sculptor. Everything is one of a kind and a piece of art.
- It’s challenging. Creating amazing photos that capture the magic of everyday life doesn’t come without hard work, dedication and imagination. There is always something new to explore and a new way to take the same photos. It’s a job that never gets boring and brings new challenges everyday.
- You get to meet new people. Whether it’s meeting new clients or going to networking events, meeting people is an amazing part of my path. I learn so much about other humans just by making this connection with them and sometimes, it even leads to a new friendship.
- The flexibility is great. Being a full time photographer means I get to work my own hours. I get to spend time with my family and do thing sI wouldn’t be able to with a regular 8 to 5 job. This doesn’t mean it’s a laid back profession though. I am constantly working at marketing, perfecting my craft, and building my business to be better than it was the day before.
When you decide to hire me for your photo session, know that you are hiring an someone who is passionate about what I do and is willing to go the extra mile to help you create beautiful photos that you can treasure forever.