Learn the story behind why we love helping you capture your family moments with pride.
When I was a child, professional photos were not that important to my parents. I have an album from when I was young, but nothing past the age of about 6 and none of them were professionally taken. My mom always bought school photos, but when devastation hit my family, we lost everything except that album. I cherish that album, but so desperately wish that I had more – of myself and my family.
In 2004, my mom had a family photo done of me, my sisters, and her. She purchased a small package and I got a 5×7 of us all. It is still framed on my wall today. My mom passed away a little over a year after that photo was taken. Because it is the only family photo I have, it is my most prized possession.
Since then, I have made it my mission to educate my clients on the value of getting photos done and often. I make it a point to create beautiful pieces of art that I know my clients will love and gush about for a lifetime.
I pride myself on the education I’ve attained in the field of photography – this isn’t just a hobby, it is truly a passion and form of art I actively pursue and continually refine.
- I have a Bachelor’s degree in fine art with an emphasis in Photography.
- Annually I pursue continuing education courses to stay up to date on trends, techniques, and technology influencing the creative photography profession.
Including such things as:
– Safety and posing for babies
– Artistic editing to make my sessions stand out
– Techniques to make our sessions natural and engaging
I am always growing and learning so I can get better day by day.